Meet our CEO Mary Van Steenbergen!
Mary received her Master of Science in Nutrition from the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR! Her motto best reflects the words of Hippocrates, "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." She has an extensive background in teaching nutrition classes and truly has a passion for making people's lives healthier through nutrition. Mary grew up in Portland, CT and made the big move over to Portland, OR for grad school. (Maybe she will need to check out Portland, ME next??😂) Mesby the mountains and the extensive food options, Mary decided to make Portland, OR the birthplace of her business. Now she uses her passion for nutrition to bring you healthy salad dressings & dips & marinades made with olive oil!
The Functional Nutrition Brand is dedicated to providing people with healthy options for salad dressings & dips & marinades made with olive oil. Olive oil is filled with polyphenols, monounsaturated fat, and other health supportive nutrients! All dressings will be made with the health of the consumer in mind!
- Passion for your health: All dressings & dips & marinades will be made with olive oil. Only healthy oils will ever be used in these products. You will NEVER see any of the following oils used: canola oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, vegetable oil, corn oil, or cottonseed oil.
- Honesty: All throughout the life of our CEO, she has been known to be incredibly honest. The foundations of this company were built with her honesty at the heart of it and will always be core to the decisions made by The Functional Nutrition Brand.
- Integrity: All ingredients will be chosen to create the most nutritious product within our means.
- Commitment to diverse eating habits: All products will always be Paleo, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, and free of preservatives & artificial ingredients. Most products will be no sugar added, vegan, and/or plant-based, with the exception of those that contain honey.
- Commitment to the planet: All products will be packaged in recyclable glass bottles, if applicable.