The coleslaw your BBQ sandwich needs!
Yield: ~12 cups
Prep Time: ~15 minutes
1/4 small head red cabbage (~3 cups chopped)
1/2 small head green cabbage (~5 cups chopped)
1-2 medium carrots
- Cut red cabbage in half using chef’s knife. Use the knife to remove the core. To do this make two diagonal cuts toward each other so that you end up removing a “v-shape” piece that includes the core.
- With the core side facing you and the flat side of the cabbage down, use the chef’s knife to make very thin 1/8th inch slices down the length of the cabbage. Use your fingers to separate the pieces into long thin strips.
- Repeat the same process for the green cabbage.
- Use a hand food grater or food processor to grate the carrot(s).
- Add all vegetables to a bowl and toss. And the Honey Dijon Dressing and toss again!
- Enjoy right away for a crisp salad or let sit covered in the refrigerator for at least two hours for more softened cabbage! If you let it sit overnight it will be the softest!