The combination of the slight sourness of the cranberries with the crunch of the walnuts and celery will have you craving this wrap!
Yield: 6 wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
2 cups cooked chicken, about 1 large breast
½ cup celery, chopped small
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup walnuts, chopped small*
1-2 green onions
½ cup The Functional Nutrition Brand Honey Dijon Dressing
6 lettuce leaves
1) Add chicken to a small/medium pot and fill with water about an inch over the chicken.
2) Cover the chicken, leaving the lid slightly askew. Place on the burner and turn the heat to high. Once the pot begins to boil, turn off the heat, place the lid fully on the pot, and let sit for 20 minutes.
3) Meanwhile chop celery, walnuts, and green onions.
4) Remove chicken from heat. Let cool for a few minutes before chopping.
5) Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
6) For serving, rinse the lettuce leaves and pat dry. Add chicken salad to the center of each leaf, and fold the leaf to use it as a wrap!**
*Note: Measure the nuts after they are chopped.
**Note: This recipe tastes the best after the chicken has been chilled, so you can add a step to chill the chicken in ice water or let the salad sit in the fridge before eating it!