This salad makes a fun pinwheel of color and has a little of everything in one salad!
Bed of Mixed Greens
Quick Pickled Onions
Shaved Carrots 🥕
Roasted Broccoli 🥦
Roasted Sweet Potatoes 🍠
Sauerkraut (filled with probiotics!) **see note
Vegan Protein option: Chickpeas
Paleo Protein option: Pulled Chicken
How to quick pickle an onion:
1) Chop onion in half and then chop each half into long thin stripes. Submerge onion in white vinegar. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
How to roast broccoli:
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Chop broccoli into florets and toss with avocado oil (or olive oil) and salt.
3) Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from oven, and use a spatula to stir pieces and flip them. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
How to roast a sweet potato:
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Chop sweet potato into cubes. Toss with avocado oil and salt.
2) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato cubes onto the pan.
3) Bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Flip pieces ½ way through.
**Note: In order for sauerkraut to contain probiotics, it must be bought from the refrigerated section of the store. Look for words to indicate that it is a probiotic food: "live and active cultures" or "contains probiotics".