The coleslaw your BBQ sandwich needs!
1/4 small head red cabbage (~3 cups chopped)
1/2 small head green cabbage (~5 cups chopped)
1-2 medium carrots
- Cut red cabbage in half using chef’s knife. Use the knife to remove the core. To do this make two diagonal cuts toward each other so that you end up removing a “v-shape” piece that includes the core.
- With the core side facing you and the flat side of the cabbage down, use the chef’s knife to make very thin 1/8th inch slices down the length of the cabbage. Use your fingers to separate the pieces into long thin strips.
- Repeat the same process for the green cabbage.
- Cut the carrot down it’s length. Lie each piece flat and chop down the length of each piece to create long thin (1/8 inch wide) pieces. Lie each of these pieces flat and chop down the length of each in the same way. Bunch a handful of carrot pieces together and chop down the width to create 1-1.5 inch long pieces. Do this to all carrot pieces. You now have a julienned carrot! 🥕
- Add all vegetables to a bowl and toss. And the Honey Dijon Dressing and toss again!
- Enjoy right away for a crisp salad or let sit covered in the refrigerator for at least two hours for more softened cabbage! If you let it sit overnight it will be the softest!