A low carb way to enjoy an old favorite!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: ~6-8 servings
2 TBSP + 2 tsps toasted sesame oil, divided
3 large eggs, beaten lightly
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 cup snap peas (or snow peas), chopped
1 lb pork loin, chopped into 1/2 cm cubes*
1 head cauliflower (~2 lbs)
1 TBSP ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (or Redmond Real Salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup The Functional Nutrition Brand Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing
3 green onions
- Chop onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, peas, and pork. For the peas, chop them into about 1 cm pieces (making sure to chop off any hard ends). For carrot chop into 1/4 inch wide quarter moons. To do this chop down the length of the carrot, then chop down the length of both halves, then chop down the width of all four pieces, making 1/4 in slices. For the pork, trim most the white portions off the loin and chop into 1/2 cm cubes.
- Process cauliflower head into “rice”: Chop cauliflower into large chunks, about 16-18 pieces. Add half the cauliflower to high speed blender or food processor. Pulse about 10-15 times. Stop and use a rubber spatula to push the cauliflower toward the blade and loosen any large chunks that may have gotten stuck in the blade. (Make sure to unplug your appliance before you do this!). Pulse another 10-15 times until you have pieces about the size of “rice”.
- Heat a wok or large skillet to medium/medium low. Add 1 TBSP sesame oil. Add eggs and lightly scramble them. Let the eggs cook through, about 2 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add another 1 TBSP of sesame oil. Add the carrots, peas, and onion and cover. Cook until the onions are translucent and the veggies begin tenderizing, about 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pork to the pan, return the cover, and cook until the pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice, salt, pepper, green onions, eggs, 2 tsps toasted sesame oil, and Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing. Cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.