Easy and tasty mouth watering pulled pork!
2 tsps paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsps black pepper
2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Redmond Real Salt (or Pink Himalayan Salt)
1 tsp mustard powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 medium onion
6 garlic cloves
1 cup tomato sauce (plain with no other ingredients)
1 TBSP tomato paste
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
1 TBSP raw honey
2 TBSP dijon mustard
4 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 8 pieces
- Cut pork into 8 slices about 1 inch thick.
- Add all the dry rub ingredients to a small bowl and use a fork to whisk them together. Coat the dry rub evenly over all the surfaces of the meat.
- Chop the onion and garlic and add it to the Instant Pot. Add all remaining sauce ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add the pork to the Instant Pot, nestling it into the sauce as much as you can.
- Pressure cook on high using the pork setting for 1 hour.
- Once the cooking process is done, turn off the heat (make sure the warming setting does not remain on). Then let the pot fully Natural Release. If after 15-20 minutes, the pot has not yet released all its pressure, you can Quick Release the rest of the pressure.