Looking for a low-carb Paleo way to do egg salad? Look no further! Not only is this recipe easy, but it's packed with the tang of Honey Dijon and plenty of nutrients!
Yield: 3-4 wraps
Total Prep: 20 minutes
1 green onion
⅛ tsp paprika
1 pinch unrefined sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
3-4 lettuce leaves
- Place eggs in bottom of medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water until it is about 1 cm over the eggs. Place the pot on the stove and turn heat to high.
- Bring the water to a boil. Meanwhile fill a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Once the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and place a lid on the pan. (Make sure to turn off the heat as soon as a light boil occurs, as an aggressive boil will crack the eggs.) Let the eggs sit in the covered pan for 10 minutes.
- Then remove the eggs from the pan using a spoon with slots in it (or tongs) and place the eggs in the bowl of cold ice water. Let the eggs sit in the ice water for at least 8 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooling, chop green onions. Rinse the lettuce leaves and dry.
- When the eggs are cool, peel and chop eggs into small 1/2 cm cubes. Add to a small bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Split up the mixture among the lettuce leaves and fold the lettuce into a “wrap” to eat. (This may look more like a taco than a wrap depending on the size of the lettuce.)