Make it spicy, or don't! Either way Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing makes this dish full of flavor!
Yield: 2 bowls
For Cauliflower Rice:
1 TBSP avocado oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 small head cauliflower
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb ground grass fed beef (OR: elk, bison, venison, wild boar)
3 TBSP white wine vinegar
2 large carrots
1 head broccoli
1 TBSP sesame oil
2 TBSP coconut aminos
1 tsp sriracha (or more to taste)
5 TBSP avocado oil (or olive oil), divided
4 TBSP The Functional Nutrition Brand Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing, divided
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (or Redmond Real Salt)
For Cauliflower Rice:
1. Heat pan to medium-low. Add 1 TBSP oil.
2. Chop cauliflower into large chunks, about 16-18 pieces. Add half the
cauliflower to high speed blender or food processor. Pulse about 10-15 times.
Stop and use a rubber spatula to push the cauliflower toward the blade and
loosen any large chunks that may have gotten stuck in the blade. (Make sure to
unplug your appliance before you do this!). Pulse another 10-15 times until you
have pieces about the size of “rice”.
3. Add cauliflower, sea salt, and pepper to pan and cook about 10 minutes,
- Meanwhile, chop 2 scallions. Combine the scallions, white wine vinegar, and pinch sea salt in small bowl. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Use a peeler to shave the carrots into long thin strips.
- Chop broccoli into small florets.
- Cut zucchini into quarter moon pieces by cutting them in half lengthwise and cutting those 2 pieces in half lengthwise. Then chop down the length of each piece to make small quarter moon pieces.
- Heat fry pan to medium and add 1 TBSP oil. Add broccoli florets and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a large plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- To the hot pan add 1 TBSP oil. Add carrots and season with 2 pinches salt and one pinch pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place broccoli on plate.
- To the hot pan add 1 TBSP oil and the zucchini. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to covered plate with other veggies.
- Mix 3 TBSP Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing to ground meat of choice. Add 1 TBSP of oil to the pan and add meat, two pinches of salt, and one pinch of pepper. Use a spatula to break up the meat into small pieces. Cook meat fully until no pink remains, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl add 1 TBSP Sesame Ginger Lime Dressing, sesame oil, coconut aminos, and sriracha. Use a fork or whisk to combine.
- Fill the bottom of the bowl with your desired amount of cauliflower rice. Then add meat, carrots, zucchini, and broccoli. Top with sauce, quick pickled scallions, and optional additional sriracha.