You just can't beet 'em....yeahhh...I hate me for that pun too. :)
Yield: 12 small burgers
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
1 lb elk meat (or ground meat of choice)
1 medium raw beetroot, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 and ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 TBSP finely chopped rosemary needles
1 TBSP dried oregano
½ tsp Redmond Real salt (or Pink Himalayan salt)
¾ tsp ground black pepper
6-12 lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grate beets and zucchini. Chop garlic and rosemary needles.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and work through with hands until well incorporated.
- Mold into about 12 small patties. (Make sure to make them on the smaller side so that they will cook in the center.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake patties for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip patties. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Wash lettuce leaves. Top each lettuce leaf with 1 to 2 patties, depending on preference and the size of the patty and leaf!
- Drizzle with The Functional Nutrition Brand Falafel Tahini Dressing!