Looking for new wrap ideas? The collard greens used as the wrap for this recipe add a ton of nutrients to your meal!
Yield: 6 wraps
6 collard green leaves
3 cups Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
3 cups Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Paleo Homemade BBQ Sauce, to taste
- Prepare Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork: see recipe.
- Prepare HoneyDijon Coleslaw: see recipe.
- Blanch collard greens:
- Fill a medium/large pot with water and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. While the water is heating, cut the large stems off the bottom of each leaf. Then lay the leaves flat so that the thick stem is facing upwards. Use a small paring knife to cut the stem so that it is about the thickness of the rest of the leaf.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice and water. Line a dinner plate with a towel.
- Use tongs to lower one leaf into the water and let it simmer for about 30-60 seconds. Beyond 60 seconds you run the risk of tearing the leaf when you wrap the filling into the leaf.
- Remove the leaf from the boiling water and immediately place it in the ice water for about 10 seconds. Place the leaf on the plate with the towel to dry. You can lightly use the towel to pat the excess water off the leaf.
- Assemble the wrap:
- Lay a collard green leaf flat. Place ½ cup of Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork and ½ cup of Honey Dijon Coleslaw in the center of the leaf. Top with desired amount of Paleo Homemade BBQ Sauce. Fold the edge with the stem over the filling. Fold the two sides adjacent to that over the filling, and roll the whole thing until the last edge is sticking to the wrap.