Give yourself a snack upgrade with these BBQ Cauliflower Wings!
Yield: about 28 wings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30-35 minutes Total Time: 40-45 minutes
1 head cauliflower, about 5 cups florets
1/2 cup water
2 TBSP cashews
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup Paleo Homemade BBQ Sauce
The Functional Nutrition Brand Honey Dijon Dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets, about 1-2 bites in size.
- To a blender add all ingredients except for the BBQ sauce. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. This will create a “batter”.
- Toss cauliflower with the batter in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet. (If there is a lot of batter at the bottom of the bowl, use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer, as to not accumulate too much excess batter on the pan.) Spread florets evenly on pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip florets, and bake for another 10 minutes. Florets should be golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make your Paleo Homemade BBQ Sauce if you have not already.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and toss with BBQ sauce in a large bowl. (It may help to toss with your hands as the florets can become brittle upon cooking.) Return back to the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Place Honey Dijon Dressing in a small bowl for dipping!